Wednesday, December 2, 2009

colonial day

by: Chandler to day we went to the libery to do what people did in the colonial it was cool to do the things that the colonial people do.

MRS. BRUNO'S NOTES: We took a step back in time today to see what life in the Colonial period was really like. We dipped candles, made tin punches, made our own butter, created Colonial "cross" writing, wrote with quill pens and ink, danced Colonial dances, and made cornhusk dolls. We had a very busy morning. Look for lots and lots of pictures on our class website. What a great (but exhausting) day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Edward had so much fun today. I love the candle he made. Thank you for making learning SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Colonial Day! My favorite activity was making the cornhusk dolls. I thought it was interesting that colonial children made their own toys and couldn't go to Walmart to buy one. It was very fun to make a toy. I felt like an elf!

    ReplyDelete