Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Greg Tang Skype

Last Thursday's technology conference was so very interesting. It was also a little overwhelming. There are so many things that I really want to do, but the work load for our class is already more than heavy. My ultimate goal is to teach the children how to blog for parents to be able to see what we're accomplishing in class. For the time being, however, I will be the one writing our blog posts.

We were supposed to be Skyping with Greg Tang right this very minute, but he, unfortunately, had an unexpected meeting with his editor. So, I'm taking a moment to post our new information while Mrs. Morris is doing a great phonics lesson with our boys and girls.

We've postponed the Skype session until Monday morning. It's really a relief because I'm not altogether sure we were quite ready. We've worked very hard on math story problems for our upcoming book. We'll be asking Mr. Tang questions about how he starts books, as well as the problems he faces while in the midst of writing his publications.

Keep watching for more posts, and eventually posts from your own child!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! How fortunate the students are to be able to chat with a writer about his work. Skype is such a great tech tool! I, too, love to Skype with my grandchildren! This makes me wonder how many other people in the field of education are available to Skype.

    ReplyDelete