Monday, November 16, 2009

Seeing Our First Space Shuttle

blog by: Ed

I am so excited that I soll a secent spase shuttle in my life.I am excited that our class soll a spase shuttle in Florda. Sebastian Fun to see the shuttle lonch.I was excited that I soll a space shuttle.

MRS. BRUNO'S NOTES: This morning, I gave a crash-course in space. The kids quickly learned the history of space flight, in order to prepare them for today's shuttle launch. I'm very passionate about space and always wanted to be an astronaut. I remember being glued to the television on a snow day when the Challenger exploded, as well as exactly where I was and what I was doing when the Columbia caught fire upon re-entry a few years ago. I took my daughter to her first shuttle launch this past March, and I had planned to attend this launch on its original launch date of Nov. 12. When it was postponed, I cancelled my trip. I love to bring these experiences to my class, so today, at 1:28 pm CT, we watched as Space Shuttle Atlantis launched and began its voyage to the ISS.

Your children sat mesmorized while they watched, just as I did as a child. They asked great questions, and I assume they'll come home talking about it this afternoon. You might not believe it by their conversation, but we did do other things in school today, as well.

Unfortunately, the space shuttle fleet will be retired after 2010, so if you have the opportunity to take your child to one of the remaining launches (Feb, March, July, and September 2010), I highly recommend it. I plan to go to at least one more.

1 comment:

  1. Sebastian was so excited to see the shuttle launch. He told me all about it after school. He thought it was very interesting. He really likes learning about outerspace.

    ReplyDelete